PARENT PARTICIPATION PRESCHOOL IS ...
PPP is a non-sectarian, non-profit English speaking preschool, administered by parents for children ages 18 months to Pre-K.
It provides a pleasant, healthy, natural, and safe atmosphere where they can develop socio-emotional and cognitive skills at their own pace.
When parents choose PPP for their young children, they commit themselves in taking an active part in their children’s first educational experience.
Our program’s approach to early childhood education encourages children to initiate their own experiences with the guidance of supporting adults.
Activities are carefully designed to develop concepts and skills, such as Social Relations and Creative Representations, Music, Movement, Language and Literacy, Classification, Number, Space, and Time.
The direct, hands-on experiences children have with staff, events, ideas and materials are fundamental in our active learning approach. PPP is a non-profit, non-sectarian, English-speaking preschool for children ages 18 months to Pre-K, located in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
PPP follows a developmental approach wherein our school grows with your child. It is believed that, as the child plays, he/she learns naturally. His/her desire to learn comes from within. Teachers provide the materials and the guidance, and the child does the rest, at their own pace.
We are delighted to announce our 40th Anniversary of outstanding preschool education.
We Believe That...
- The opportunity and enjoyment of sharing comes with parent involvement in your child’s first school experience.
- Activities with your young children, pave the way for a pleasant entry into the world.
- As the child plays, he/she learns naturally; therefore desire to learn comes from within. While teachers provide materials and guidance, the child does the rest.
- The direct hands-on experience children have with the people, events, ideas, and materials are fundamental in our active learning approach.
- The reinforcement of traditional values through open communication and understanding emphasizes the difference between right and wrong.
- By fostering a feeling of self-worth in each child, will help them to become well-adjusted and well accepted, but most of all proud of themselves.
- By providing a pleasant, healthy, natural, and safe atmosphere, children can develop social, physical, emotional and intellectual skills at their own pace.
Marcia Fears, a dedicated mother who sought a non-traditional, bilingual concept preschool education, founded our school in 1978. The school was first established at Second Union Church in Guaynabo, PR. Marcia introduced the “parent participation” concept, from a similar preschool system in the United States.
Thanks to the efforts of concerned parents and other members of the community over the last forty years, PPP remains a one-of-a-kind preschool in Puerto Rico today. It is the only preschool in the San Juan metropolitan area, where parents are actively involved in their child’s first school experience.
Because of its nature, PPP children have the incredible experience of socializing with classmates from around the world: The United States; Japan; Mexico; Argentina; Colombia; Russia, to name a few.
The purpose of the Institution is to provide a pleasant, healthy, natural, and safe atmosphere where a child can develop social, physical, emotional, and intellectual skills, at their own pace. It is also a goal of PPP to prepare children for their future school experiences, through the employment of the “learning-through play approach”.
This approach helps them to become well-adjusted and well-accepted, among their peers.
The reinforcement of traditional values through open communication and understanding, emphasis on the differences between right and wrong, and the encouragement of parent participation are integral in PPP’s continued success.